Liberi Health Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit making organization dedicated to provide services on awareness and sensitization as it relates to children health issues, childhood cancers, sanitation and hygiene and HIV and AIDS issues affecting children.
Liberi Health Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees. It is a Foundation registered with number CAC/IT/NO 62265 under the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
AIMS and OBJECTIVES (The aims and objectives of the Foundation include
- To create, maintain and sustain awareness on sanitation and hygiene to youth, caregivers on child health related issues,
- To care for, support, assist or otherwise provide succor for orphans, motherless children, homeless children and others in difficult circumstances,
- To comfort and counsel families and/or children suffering the effects of HIV and AIDS.
- To design, develop and promote life skills program for youth,
- To empower vulnerable young girls,
- To produce factsheets and advocacy briefs on childhood cancers,
- To engage in monitoring and data collection as it relates to childhood cancers for analysis and use.
OUR CORE VALUES
Liberi’s core values center around children; and this is to ensure that each child is treated with dignity, has access to care and is not discriminated against.
Accountability both in our work and interaction with children is our watchword.
2012: Our project work on life skills, health awareness and peer education for in-school youth was located in Surulere LGA. We worked with 2 schools in the area which are Community Junior High School and Community Senior Secondary School, Adeniran Ogunsanya Surulere.
2013-2015: PSN/PACFAH (Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria/Partnership for Advocacy for Child and Family Health) – awareness creation to Caregivers on diarrhea and pneumonia prevention in children <5 years and advocacy to Ministry of Health and other stakeholders on water soluble diarrhea tablets for children.
2016-2017: US Ambassador Small Grant Programme – Renovation of school wall at Community Senior Secondary School, Meiran (Goal: to keep girls in school and prevent abuse)
2016: Our work with out of school youth located in Ojuwoye LCDA, Mushin LGA. We provided vocation training to 6 girls in the community, while providing support skills to them on community health issues.
2017-2018: working on UNICEF/PATA project to identify positive adolescents through caregivers and family.
Childhood cancer awareness is in Surulere LGA, Lagos East LGA. Ongoing
RCCG SURULERE – Youth Fellowship on building Life Skills for youth
Ongoing work with AONN (Association for Orphans and Vulnerable Children) on health – sensitization for member CSO on sanitation and hygiene.
Ongoing – work with youth on agricultural/farming procedures in Ogun State for economic growth.
We collaborate and network with:
AONN (Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria – Lagos)